I am an Australia-based language consultant specializing in Tetum-English translation. I have been involved with Indonesia and Timor-Leste since the late 1990’s. After completing a Bachelor of Arts (Development Studies/Asian Studies major) and a Diploma of Modern Languages (Indonesian) at the University of Melbourne, I moved to Timor-Leste where I lived from 2006-2008.
I am currently studying a Masters of Translation and Interpreting (Bahasa Indonesia) at RMIT University and am a member of AUSIT, the Australian Institute of Interpreters and Translators Inc.
In 2011, I launched my language consulting business. I enjoy the variety of people and projects I get to know through this work. My clients to date have included:
- the Institute of Modern Languages (IML) at University of Queensland
- Australian Defence Force School of Languages
- Cardno, Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS) Dili
- Counterpart International, Ba Distrito Project Dili
- Oxfam Timor-Leste and Oxfam Australia
- the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC) at University of Sydney
- the International Labour Organisation (ILO) Dili
- the Asia Pacific Journalism Centre (APJC)
- Timor Films UK
- Asia Justice and Rights (AJAR) Jakarta
- Australia-Timor Friendship City Groups
- Independent development consultants
- PhD research students working on projects in Timor-Leste